Last updated: November 16, 2020
Who We Are
Sports Data Labs, Inc. (collectively referred to as “SD Labs”, “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this agreement) is a Delaware corporation. SD Labs operates sportsdatalabs.com.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
· Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
· Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
· Personal Information is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
· Service refers to the Website accessible from www.sportsdatalabs.com.
· Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
· Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the Service.
· Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
· You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Information
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
· Email address
· First name and last name
· Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of Our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique Device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile Device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile Device You use, Your mobile Device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile Device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique Device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit Our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile Device.
Information We Automatically Collect When You Use Our Service
Cookie Usage and Type
We use the following Cookies:
· Essential Cookies: Essential Cookies are required for providing You with features or services that You have requested. For example, certain Cookies enable You to log into secure areas of Our Service. Disabling these Cookies may make certain features and services unavailable.
· Functionality Cookies: Functional Cookies are used to record Your choices and settings regarding Our Service, maintain Your preferences over time, and recognize You when You return to Our Service. These Cookies help Us to personalize Our content for You, greet You by name, and remember Your preferences (for example, Your region).
· Retargeting/Advertising Cookies: Retargeting/advertising Cookies collect data about Your online activity and identify Your interests so that We can provide advertising that We believe is relevant to You.
You can decide whether or not to accept Cookies through Your internet browser’s settings. Most browsers have an option for turning off the Cookie feature, which will prevent Your browser from accepting new Cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of Your browser software) allow You to decide on acceptance of each new Cookie in a variety of ways. You can also delete all Cookies that are already on Your computer. If You do this, however, You may have to manually adjust some preferences every time You visit a site and some of the Service and functionalities may not work.
To explore what Cookie settings are available to You, look in the “preferences” or “options” section of Your browser’s menu. To find out more information about Cookies, including information about how to manage and delete Cookies, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/ or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Use of Your Personal Information
The Company may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
· To provide and maintain Our Service, including to monitor the usage of Our Service.
· For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
· To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application's push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
· To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which We offer that are similar to those that You have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
· To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
· For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Us about Our Service users is among the assets transferred.
· For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve Our Service, products, marketing and Your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
· With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of Our Service, to contact You.
· For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
· With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
· With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
· With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Information
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Information
Your information, including Personal Information, is processed at the Company's operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
· Comply with a legal obligation
· Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
· Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
· Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
· Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Information
The security of Your Personal Information is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Information, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Your California Privacy Rights (California's Shine the Light law)
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83-1798.84 (California's Shine the Light law), California residents with an established business relationship with Us can request information once a year about sharing their Personal Information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes.
If You'd like to request more information under the California Shine the Light law, and if You are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below.
California Privacy Rights for Minor Users (California Business and Professions Code Section 22581)
California Business and Professions Code section 22581 allow California residents under the age of 18 who are registered users of online sites, services or applications to request and obtain removal of content or information they have publicly posted.
To request removal of such data, and if You are a California resident, You can contact Us using the contact information provided below.
Be aware that Your request does not guarantee complete or comprehensive removal of content or information posted online and that the law may not permit or require removal in certain circumstances.
Nevada Residents Rights
If You are a resident of Nevada, You have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain Personal Information to third parties who intend to license or sell that Personal Information. You can exercise this right by contacting Us at email@example.com with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing Us with Your name and the email address. Please note that We do not currently sell Your Personal Information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
Privacy Notice For EU Residents
If You are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, You may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to Your Personal Information, as outlined below.
EU Data Subject Rights Regarding Personal Information
You have certain rights with respect to Your Personal Information, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some circumstances, We may not be able to fully comply with Your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, We will still respond to notify You of such a decision. In some cases, We may also need You to provide Us with additional information, which may include Personal Information, if necessary to verify Your identity and the nature of Your request.
Access: You can request more information about the Personal Information We hold about You and request a copy of such Personal Information.
Rectification: If You believe that any Personal Information We are holding about You is incorrect or incomplete, You can request that We correct or supplement such data.
Erasure: You can request that We erase some or all of Your Personal Information from Our systems.
Withdrawal of Consent: If We are processing Your Personal Information based on Your consent (as indicated at the time of collection of such data), You have the right to withdraw Your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if You exercise this right, You may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of certain of Your Personal Information, if such use or disclosure is necessary to enable You to utilize some or all of Our Service.
Portability: You can ask for a copy of Your Personal Information in a machine-readable format. You can also request that We transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
Objection: You can contact Us to let Us know that You object to the further use or disclosure of Your Personal Information for certain purposes, such as for direct marketing purposes.
Restriction of Processing: You can ask Us to restrict further processing of Your Personal Information.
Transfers of Personal Information
The Service is hosted and operated in the U.S. through the Company and its service providers, and if You do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where You reside. By using the Service, You acknowledge that any Personal Information about You, regardless of whether provided by You or obtained from a third party, is being provided to Us in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and You authorize Us to collect, transfer, store and process Your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of Your data to the U.S. in adherence with applicable data protection and privacy standards and laws.
General questions, suggestions, or concerns about this policy, or about use of Your information, please contact Us at email@example.com
Sports Data Labs, Inc.
128 S. Laflin Street, Suite 216
Chicago, IL 60607
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or services.
The following is a non-exhaustive list of Human Data Labs trademarks and service marks:
- Human Data™
- Human Data Labs™
- Human Data Marketplace™
- The Marketplace for Human Data™
- Human Data Economy™
- Powering the Human Data Economy™
- Unlock the Value of Human Data™
- Unlocking the Value of Human Data™